Bexley United Methodist sits in the heart of the beautiful, quiet suburb of Columbus, Ohio. We are a church where all people are welcome and are affirmed regardless of age, marital status, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, economic status, and physical, mental or developmental ability.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, genuine worship leader for our 9:00am contemporary service. For several years this service was a thriving time of worship. When the church reopened following the pandemic, the service never regained the ground it lost. Specifically we are looking for someone with the skills and experience to help reshape and revive this service into a worshipful, Christ-centered, participatory offering to God each week. Our hope is to find a worship leader that is passionate and experienced in fostering and creating a safe space for all people to lift their voices and participate in the holy act of corporate worship.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor and will play a pivotal role in developing the musical style, format, spirit, and identity of the contemporary service.
Experience & Skills:
● Team player with a flexible, creative, and energetic spirit
● Experience as a contemporary/modern worship leader
● Ability to facilitate high quality, genuine, participatory worship that is Christ-centered and congregation-focused
● Excellent musicianship both vocally and instrumentally.
● Guitar and/or keyboard skills preferred
● Ability to lead worship alone or with a team of people
● Experience in introducing new songs to a congregation and developing a library of songs that the congregation knows and can sing confidently together
● Proficient in ProPresenter & Planning Center, or willingness to learn these systems
● Ability to recruit from the gifts and talents already at the church to build a worship band
● Strong communication skills
● Work with the senior pastor and others to plan and execute the contemporary service each week
● Select the worship music for the contemporary service
● Prepare for and attend weekly worship planning meetings
● Serve as the worship leader for the weekly contemporary service
● Recruit and rehearse with volunteer musicians to form and develop a worship band
● Utilize Planning Center to schedule team members and manage the order of service
● Develop relationships, minister to, and support the worship band on a personal level
● Provide song lyrics to the appropriate team members to allow for creation of weekly worship slides
Interested persons should apply by October 15 by submitting a resume and cover letter to churchoffice [at] bexleyumc.org.