2019 CLUSTER CHARGE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
This year the district will be holding cluster church/charge conferences at various locations throughout the district. Every church has been assigned to one of the following locations:
The complete schedule can be found in the document below.
We are in need of Elders to preside for charge conferences, so please sign up here or contact Jill Philipp if you are able to preside on any of these dates, jphilipp [at] wocumc.org.
HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR CHARGE CONFERENCES
• Cluster Charge Conferences will be held from October 29 – December 4. The charge conference schedule is attached. Conferences will be held at 7:00 pm during the week and at 3:00 pm on Sundays.
• Those churches who share a pastor are asked to hold their charge conferences together.
• We are in need of Elders to preside for charge conferences. If you are able to preside for any of the dates listed either sign up here or let Jill know.
What do you need to do to get ready for charge/church conferences?
• Start your nominations/lay leadership team meetings as soon as possible to fill your committee positions for 2020.
• Meet with your S/PPRC to decide upon the pastoral compensation for 2020, including accountable reimbursement and housing allowance exclusion amounts.
• Meet with your leadership board/team to determine your Breakthrough Goals for 2020.
• Review your membership lists to compose first and second year reading lists for removal from the rolls.
• Make sure you have an updated Safe Sanctuary Policy. Note that this year the Pastor, Trustee Chair and S/PPRC Chair will all need to sign your Safe Sanctuary Policy Review form. You will also need to know the number of Safe Sanctuary trainings held, the number of new volunteers trained, and the number of volunteers who renewed their training.
• Let the Trustee Chair know they should present the most recent Trustee Legal and Property Report to the charge conference. If the Trustees have not completed the parsonage inspection this year, they should do the parsonage inspection in conjunction with a representative from the S/PPRC committee.
• Determine if your church has any candidates for ministry or certified lay servants, lay speakers, or certified lay ministers who must be approved at your charge conference. If so, have your laity complete and submit their annual report to the charge conference.
• Complete your charge conference forms online. Much of the information will auto-fill from the previous year. Hard copies of the forms are attached to this email and are available online. Please forward/print this email and the attachments to whomever will be responsible for completing your charge/church conference paperwork this year. Online submission can be started at any time by your designated Church Data Administrator and by all appointed clergy. If you need assistance with this process, contact Jill. The online charge conference forms can be found at www.westohioumc.org. Once you log in, click on My Church, then Local Church Reports, Charge Conference, 2019. If you have more than one church choose My Church, then Local Church Reports, then My Church on the middle drop-down menu, then select one of your churches, then Charge Conference, 2019.
• Announce the date and time of your charge conference at least 10 days and two Sundays in advance.
What do I need the day of my charge conference?
• Have hard copies of your reports available to present during your charge conference, including copies for those in attendance.
• Print out the pastor compensation page(s), signature page and any forms/signatures which you have not yet uploaded online and give those to your presiding Elder.
What do I need to do after my charge conference?
• Upload any remaining forms and minutes from the church conference no later than one week following the date of your charge conference.
Thank you for your assistance with this important work. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Charge Conference Video of Bishop Palmer: